Forum

QuickBooks undeposi...

QuickBooks undeposited mess  

RSS

Admin
(@Admin)
13/11/2019 4:40 pm  

I’m in a sticky situation. I came to help a friend with her books. Seems like last year, the bookkeeper she had was recording the invoices paid in QuickBooks but never enter them as deposited, so when the bank feeds updated, she would add the deposits than to match them. Now, there’s 1M in the undeposited acct. What should I do to make this clean? And of course, when I go to “make a deposit” I see all this received payments that were not deposited. PLEASE HELP. TIA

QuoteSolved
(@cd)
16/11/2019 11:53 am  

Hi,

Did you figure this out yet? What I have done is delete the deposits that were added, then redeposit using the correct one from the undeposited funds page. Then you'll have to mark the R in the register so it reconciles again. 

cd

ReplyQuote
 Admin
(@Admin)
16/11/2019 12:45 pm  

@cd

Thank you. See, there are so many where the money paid for the invoice were recorded as paid but when the deposit came through from the bank feeds, she added it instead of Match it. There Are like 1000 deposits that were added.   I have no ideas how to. Thinking to delete every deposit and then added will take me a looooong time. Sticky situation. 

ReplyQuote
(@casey-4)
19/11/2019 1:49 pm  

Do a "Make Deposit" to the bank, i would do this by year, then on the bottom line of the deposit, add a line pointing to Income, and make it a negative amount for the whole deposit.  This will clear it from the UF account, and correct income.  Currently, income is overstated.

Hope that helps.

Casey

ReplyQuote
 Admin
(@Admin)
19/11/2019 3:04 pm  

@casey-4

Thank you!

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
MENU