Forum

Negative numbers in...

Notifications
Clear all

Negative numbers in the ar statement for 3 invoices.....

3 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@jorge)
Topic starter  

Hello. I have a client who is on desktop QuickBooks pro. Anyways I am looking at his ar statement and from 2014 and 2015 he has open invoices in the ar statement with a negative line number as an open balance. He does not want me, of course, to go back to 2014 or 2015 to do bank recs and all that but instead to fix those items like 3 invoices only and get those out of the ar statement. 

If I try to delete that payment that is sitting there as a negative number it will be incorrect and I mess up the bank reconciliation ending balance YTD.  Can I just do a journal entry that would take care of these negative payments to take them out of the ar and move on?  He is pretty sure that the clients paid back then in 2015 these invoices and it seems that his old bookkeeper recorded these wrong and we are talking about $2800.00 in total

He has had already a CPA that did his corporate tax returns for all these years, so basically I am in 2019 now reconciling everything for this year now. 

What is your advice on this?. 

The other thing is that he wants next year to transfer his company from QuickBooks desktop to online plus and we would like to have a clean AR rather than have these negative numbers in the ar statement...... 

Thank you all and I appreciate your help. 

MENU