Line item income an...

Notifications
Clear all

Line item income and expense monthly reports Quickbooks Dekstop Pro Plus 2020  

RSS

Luann Avalos
(@Luann Avalos)
18/05/2020 9:58 am  

My boss would like a report that includes our line items  that shows income and expenses for the month.  I have tried printing a standard Profit & Loss, Statement of cash flows, general ledger and other income and expense reports but they are not what he wanted. He only wants deposits, checks and general journal entries for the month (but for each active line item).  I compiled a general ledger report by taking it to excel and getting rid of the extra details but now he doesn't want to see the undeposited funds trail and now he doesn't want to see invoice.  Is there a report that does this without the extra time and compilation?

I am using Quickbooks Desktop Pro Plus 2020. 

Thank you,

QuoteSolved
 Casey Stokes
(@Casey Stokes)
18/05/2020 12:57 pm  

Have you tried Customizing a Transaction report?  that is where i would start, and customize and filter for the things he wants to see.  Once you get it perfect, memorize it.

August liked
ReplyQuote
(@luann-2)
18/05/2020 1:46 pm  

I did try that but even with the customization some inactive accounts and my checking accounts showed up.  When I did a Profit & Loss, it would show the total but you have to click on a 2nd report to get the breakdown of the total. The example below is what my boss wants to see on one report. 

For example: 

Membership dues     

Jim Jones                                        $300

Sally Smith                                     $300

Total Membership dues                    $600

If I try an income and expense by customer report it will not query by line item for the month. I have used the General Ledger report and exported it to Excel to narrow it down and adjust manually.  I was wondering if there was a faster report that is usable in Desktop Pro?

Thank you for answering.

ReplyQuote
(@casey-4)
18/05/2020 2:01 pm  

In your example above, are Jim Jones and Sally Smith sub accounts of Membership dues in your chart of accounts?  if not, they won't show up.  The P&L is going to show the balances in accounts listed in your chart of accounts.  

As for closed/zero accounts, when you open the customize report window, go to Advance, and choose "all Non-Zero", and that should help with zero accounts showing up.

It may be that he is asking for something that can't easily be produced in QB, but only manually adapted in Excel.

Luann and August liked
ReplyQuote
(@justinc)
20/05/2020 5:55 am  

You could try customising the transaction report.

This would help you to get only the data that your boss wants on a sheet.

You need not cut out the undeposited funds from that.

Luann liked
ReplyQuote
 Luann
(@Luann)
20/05/2020 9:05 pm  

@casey-4 

yes these are sub accounts in my Chart of Accounts. I appreciate the tip about the zero accounts and will try that. I was hoping that there was a report automatically done in Quickbooks for that but it is only for vendors and customers payments. 

My boss stated that he is wanting monthly income and expense reports so that we can verify items are being put in the right accounts. We usually end up fixing things right before the next fiscal year because items were put in the wrong place.

Thank you

Luann liked
ReplyQuote
(@august-2)
02/06/2020 9:55 pm  

@Luann

Hey Luann,

You can run a Balance sheet detail, so you can see the Revenues accounts lines, you can double click on each line to zoom in and see all the clients payments made per date range. Then you can memory that report and name it the best way for you to find it in the Memorize reports and change the date ranges, etc., group class by type of use aka Boss report, etc.. Can also export to excel and play around to what you want.

Also, use Casey's point, to customize Advanced view to show the zero amounts or others, just analyze the best way to display the data for the Boss. 

Hope it helps.

Luann liked
ReplyQuote
 Casey Stokes
(@Casey Stokes)
02/06/2020 11:10 pm  

Agree, use the detail reports!  once things are booked correctly, it is always easy to do a find and see where it was booked in the past, if it doesn't auto-populate.

Luann liked
ReplyQuote
(@luann-2)
05/06/2020 3:07 pm  

Thank you for the suggestions. I will give them a try.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
MENU