Forum

1099-MISC software

1099-MISC software  

RSS

Lisa
(@lisa-93)
21/11/2019 7:12 pm  

1099-MISC season is just around the corner, and I am considering buying software this year to make it easier.  In the past I got the free forms that the IRS sends out, but QBDT and QBO don’t print out on them correctly.  Does anyone know an inexpensive program that will do this for me?  I have looked up options on-line and RealBusiness Solutions – W2 Mate, Track1099 and Yearli all look like possibilities.  Has anyone else used any of these?  I only do about 30 a years, with all my companies combined.  Thanks!

Topic Tags
(@nickey)
26/11/2019 11:27 am  

http://www.inforeturns.com/1099w2/w2_decide.htm

I use this - Quick & Easy by Information Return Systems Inc.  Very easy to use.  Have used it for over 20 years.

ReplyQuote
(@casey-4)
26/11/2019 2:19 pm  

You can purchase Turbo Tax Home and Biz, to do this.

ReplyQuote
 Lisa
(@lisa-93)
26/11/2019 2:55 pm  

@nickey

Do you have to purchase it every year, or do you just buy it once?  Does it print correctly on the forms the IRS sends out?  Lastly, does it cost to do the electronic filing?  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@casey-4)
26/11/2019 3:02 pm  

If you are asking about Turbo Tax, yes, you have to buy it every year.  They print out on plain paper, and are IRS approved, so no need to order forms.   I don't know the cost to e-file.  Bonus, it does save everything from year-to-year, so you don't have to completely reinvent the wheel each year....just add new, and delete those not paid .

Elizabeth liked
ReplyQuote
(@casey-4)
26/11/2019 3:03 pm  

Sorry, now I see you were asking Nickey.  My bad

ReplyQuote
(@nickey)
26/11/2019 3:11 pm  

@lisa-93

You do have to purchase it each year. I do not use the IRS forms, I purchase blank forms - but it prints absolutely fine on those.  They do have a version that will print on plain paper:  http://www.inforeturns.com/1099w2/windows_unlimited.htm or you can electronically file.  I suggest check out the website - they have more info and demos you can review, and all of their pricing information is on there as well.  

ReplyQuote
 Lisa
(@lisa-93)
26/11/2019 3:32 pm  

@casey-4

Hi Casey, not bad at all!!!  I appreciate your replying.  I'm not as interested in turbo Tax because I assume I would have to create a different company file for each of my clients.  But maybe that's fine, too.  I will look more at TurboTax as well.

ReplyQuote
(@casey-4)
26/11/2019 4:57 pm  

Lisa, yes, you create a company for each client, but that info is saved from year-to-year, as is the 1099 contractor list.  So, you only need to edit the company file, to add new or delete old each year.  To me, it saves time....but, I understand, it isn't what is best for everyone!

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
MENU

Please Login or Register