Forum

ACS bank reconcilia...

ACS bank reconciliations  

RSS

Susan McGlohn
(@Susan McGlohn)
08/11/2019 3:55 pm  

Hi, All,

Recently took on a new client, a church, which uses ACS.  The previous bookkeeper was very old school, and even though she entered transactions into ACS, she *never* reconciled in the software, but only with paper and pencil, since 2014.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reconcile all that backlog in the system without messing up previous years' books, and without having to pull each months statement from her file cabinet?

Any advice or suggestions very welcome!

Thanks,

Susan 

QuoteSolved
(@bob-dunkel)
14/11/2019 1:14 pm  

What's wrong with that?  Assuming the old bookkeeper changed erroneous entries.  If she didn't, the statements she generated were incorrect which is a bigger problem.  If the old bookkeeper did what she was supposed to do, it should be easy peasy.  I'm not familiar with ACS, but it should be like most bookkeeping software.

Robert Dunkel, EA

ReplyQuote
 Tina Stewart
(@Tina Stewart)
20/11/2019 10:24 am  

Hi Susan, I use ACS.  The reconciliations do not affect the transactions.  If all the transactions are entered correctly this should be easy.  I just looked at my bank rec and you can change the start and end dates, so I am assuming you can put a start date of 2014 and end date where you took over or the month prior.  Clear any transactions accept those outstanding and make sure the balance is correct on the account summary tab.  If there are a gazillion transactions, you can click the first transaction, scroll down all the way until you get to an outstanding transaction, hold the shift key down and click, this will highlight all those transactions, then place your mouse in the blue highlight, rightclick and hit clear.

Something to note and I have learned to use it, is the help tab.  Click, help, then help and how to, when the page comes up, go to the index tab and find your topic, there will be tons of hyperlinks for each little task.  I have found this to be more helpful and quicker than trying to find someone who knows.  FYI I hated this program when we first switched to it but have learned to love it, but help and how to has made me feel more confident.

I hope I have helped you in some way.

Regards,  Tina Stewart

Elizabeth liked
ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
MENU

Please Login or Register