Why am I getting QuickBooks error 6210?
QuickBooks Error 6210 is the multi-user mode error which could be taking place for a number of reasons. It is essential to know the list of reasons so that eventually fixing the error is eased out.
1. QuickBooks Desktop and files related to it may not be completely installed.
2. QuickBooks Error 6210 is faced while installing QuickBooks on Windows.
3. Computer virus or malware has infected or deleted QuickBooks installation files.
4. Windows Firewall or third-party firewall is preventing QuickBooks from communicating with other workstations in the network.
Now, that you know the list of reasons for QuickBooks Error 6210, you can reach out to QB support team.
The QuickBooks error code 6210 is stated as the multi-user error. The multi-user type error means that one of the company is using the hosting file. This error will completely crash the program window that appears on the system.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 6210 0
Here are few solutions to fix error 6210 –
- Firstly, Click on the ‘File.’
- The, you have to Select ‘Utilities.’
- Finally, press ‘Stop Hosting the Multi-User Access.’
- First, click the ‘Start’ option
- Next, fill in ‘Command’ in the search box and do not Hit Enter as of now
- Then, press and hold on ‘CTRL+SHIFT’ on the keyboard
- After that, click Enter
- Now, you will see a permission dialog box
- Click ‘Yes.’
- Next, there will be a black box with a blinking cursor.
- Type in ‘Regedit’ and click Enter
- Now choose QuickBooks error -6210, 0 concerned key in the ‘Registry Editor’ you are looking to backup
- Next, from the file menu select ‘’
- Go to ‘In the save in the list’ and click on the folder where you are looking to save the QuickBooks backup key.
- In the File name box, fill in the name of the Backup file, i.e. ‘QuickBooks Backup.’
- Ensure that option ‘Selected branch’ is ticked in the Export Range Box
- Click ‘Save’
- Now, save the file with ‘.reg file extension.’
- Lastly, you have a backup of QuickBooks associated registry entry.
Disable the Antivirus/ Anti-Malware to correct the issue. The third-party security software does hinder the proper functioning of QuickBooks and can cause unexpected errors. These third-party programs may act as a threat to particular QuickBooks files. You can check the Quarantine section and delete items this way.
- First of all, Click the ‘Start’ option
- Next, Enter ‘command’ in the search field and do not click ENTER key as of now.
- Now, hit Enter, while pressing ‘CTRL+SHIFT’ on the Keyboard
- After that, you will see a permission dialog box
- Next, click ‘YES’
- A black box with a blinking cursor will appear On-screen.
- After that, type in ‘cleanmgr’ and Click ‘’
- Now Disk Cleanup dialog box will come up on the screen with a series of Checkboxes to select from.
- Mostly, it is the ‘Temporary Files’ category that has taken most of the disk space.
- Check the category boxes and Clean and Click OK option.
Hope this Helps You Out.