Forum

Working Remotely on...

Working Remotely on QuickBooks Desktop Pro  

RSS

(@midwestbookkeeper)
27/01/2020 1:17 pm  

I have a potentially new client that is interested in my bookkeeping services.  However, they are currently using QuickBooks Desktop Pro.  I have dealt with clients remotely both using QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop (accessing remotely using Remote Desktop Connection setup by the client).  I am wondering what my options to work remotely for this new client?   What is the best and easiest way to access their QuickBooks off-site?  Thanks!

shamileb liked
(@casey-4)
27/01/2020 1:37 pm  

Use a remote program.... TeamViewer, Logmein, Splashtop and there are others out there.

ReplyQuote
(@midwestbookkeeper)
27/01/2020 1:43 pm  

Thanks!  How difficult are these to setup?  How much work does the client have to do on their end?  Would they have to be logged into QBs for me to access?

ReplyQuote
(@casey-4)
27/01/2020 2:24 pm  

I can only speak to TeamViewer, as that is what I use.  TV is very easy for both you and the client.  I am not sure about the others.  Once you log in, you have access to their computer, so they won't be able to use it, while you are using it.  You just open QB like you would on your own computer.

ReplyQuote
(@casey-4)
27/01/2020 2:25 pm  

P.S.  YOU will have to purchase Teamviewer, but your client won't.  I don't know the rules on the other remote programs.

ReplyQuote
(@shamileb)
29/01/2020 5:23 am  

Chrome desktop is good

ReplyQuote
(@naeemah)
29/01/2020 5:53 pm  

I have a client who uses LogMeIn for me to gain access to his QuickBooks application on his PC.

No problem, at all in the six years I have been working in his books. He pays around $50/month.

It may be a bit cheaper if one signs up for the annual, not sure.

ReplyQuote
(@shamileb)
30/01/2020 12:21 am  

@naeemah

Wha are the best way to get bookkeeping client? I am ready to work remotely for $10-$12.

ReplyQuote
(@casey-4)
30/01/2020 2:04 am  

Become a ProAdvisor, get certified and get listed in the Help database.  Meet CPA's and let them know you are available to take on bookkeeping work.  You are WAY under charging!  $10-$12/hr are training or entry level employee wages.  Research your area.  A lot also depends on your level of experience and education.

ReplyQuote
(@shamileb)
30/01/2020 2:08 am  

@casey-4

Thanks Casey, I am working remotely, so I am charging $12

ReplyQuote
(@casey-4)
30/01/2020 2:11 am  

$12/hr is ridiculously cheap.

ReplyQuote
(@shamileb)
30/01/2020 2:18 am  

Howmuch standard rate? I need to  increase my price.

ReplyQuote
(@naeemah)
30/01/2020 11:01 am  

@shamileb

Hi again,

I don't know the Best Way, just my way. Others in this feed have excellent advice for this.

Not sure where you are located in the world; bookkeeping for $10-$12 may be the going rate if you are outside of the U.S. depending on where you are located .

Here, in the U.S. I cannot think of anyone who does any type of bookkeeping for $10-$12. 

ReplyQuote
(@shamileb)
30/01/2020 11:11 am  

@naeemah

I am from Bangalore, India

ReplyQuote
(@naeemah)
30/01/2020 11:18 am  

@shamileb

I see. I think it best if you start another post about your question as this topic is about Working Remotely and you and I have gotten off topic.

Thanks for replying and good luck. 

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
MENU

Please Login or Register