Forum

Newbie quesitons  

RSS

Betz
(@betz)
02/12/2019 10:34 am  

I am just starting my bookkeeping business. In my current job, I use QB Desktop Plus 2019.  I assume I can keep all my customer's 'books' on this program just by creating new companies? Is this a good understanding?

I was wondering which QuickBooks program is best for an independent contractor?  Do you all have a checklist for adding new clients and one for setting them up in QB?  Thank you. Any insights would be appreciated!

Bruce
(@Bruce)
02/12/2019 6:00 pm  

You know what they say about assuming.

Yes, QB will allow you to set up a file for each customer. Some customers might have multiple files because they have multiple companies.  Whether QB is the right program to do the accounting for those companies is another question. It is, after all, a low end accounting program. Well, some would question whether it is an accounting program at all. But yes, you get the customer, you can set up new files for that customer.

Would suggest you take some of the QB training to get up and running on setting things up.

ReplyQuote
 Bruce
(@Bruce)
02/12/2019 6:03 pm  

Well, isn't this interesting. The home page says the OP was made today. But the header above says the last post was made 2/12/19. And, just as interesting, it says I joined 50 years ago. Does that entitle me to a gold watch or something?

ReplyQuote
 Betz
(@betz)
02/12/2019 8:54 pm  

Thank you Bruce. I have set up one company, but your idea on going thru the training is good. You seem to have definite opinions about QB. (O:

And you don't seem that old to me either!

Betz

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
MENU

Please Login or Register