Forum

Help - how to alloc...

Notifications
Clear all

Help - how to allocate new 2020 Tax Allowances in the old 2018 version of QB desktop

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Tanya Runyan)
Topic starter  

Hello - I need to appropriately show Tax Allowances from the new 2020 W-4 form to the old QB-2018 software version. In 2019 an employee requested allowances of "9" (she has special circumstances for that high allowance and it is irrelevant to my question perhaps). Now she submitted a new W-9 form (with an advise of her friend accountant, which states 4(a) $1,033.00 (other income) and 4(b) $11,108.00 (extra withholdings). Since the new 2020 W-4 does not mention allowance numbers as 1 or 2 etc., but QB-2018 has the appropriate box in Payroll Tax (for Fed and State taxes) plus an extra box for "extra withholding", how would I approach this? Would I just enter the sum of 4(a) and 4(b) in the "extra withholding" box and leave blank for the "allowances" box? Or would I have to use them both? 

I can probably ask an employee, but it does not sound professional as I supposed to know it. I started bookkeeping for this non-profit org 2 years ago, but it started to get more complex lately and I have nobody to ask.

Thank you very much in advance!

MENU