Changing tax return...
Clear all

Changing tax return filing from married jointly to separately  

Joined: 1 year ago
Posts: 10
Topic starter  

If a client wants to change their tax filing from married filing to jointly to married filing separately but have made self-employed tax payments under the husbands name, is there a way to change the payments made or will they need to file the same way this year and then change the payment to the spouse who will be responsible the next year? Also, is there a form with the IRS that needs to be filed to change the return or can the filing be changed without a form?


Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved