Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Advice on Next Steps  

RSS

(@erin-de-lafontaine)
16/06/2020 7:00 pm  

I started a freelance bookkeeping and financial analysis business last year and have several clients.  I earned a bachelor of science degree in finance many years ago and also have over 8 years of experience working as a corporate financial analyst.  I also have many years of experience using Quickbooks Desktop.  I am wondering what my next steps should be for becoming certified as a bookkeeper.  Is there a test I can take to, in a sense, fast-track the process, see what I already have mastered and skip some of the prep work, and so on?  Thank you in advance for your advice.

(@casey-4)
16/06/2020 7:24 pm  

I assume you are looking for more clients?  You can become a Certified Bookkeeper through AIPB.  I would advise using their study guides and tests, to get accustomed to their way of asking questions.  You can become a Intuit ProAdvisor, and one you are certified for 2 years i think (?) you can get listed in the Find a ProAdvisor database, with is accessed within QB.  You can network with your local businesses, and CPA's, friends and family. All of these things depends on what you are trying to achieve.

HTH

Casey

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
MENU