Could you be using the lockdown to advance your skills, status and marketability by becoming a Certified Bookkeeper (CB)?
The survey of CBs below, reported in an earlier Bookkeeping Tips, is reprinted here in case you missed it.
The 2019 survey of CBs by Lewis & Clark, Raleigh, NC, revealed:
How CBs feel about being CBs
- 90% of CBs recommended certification to other bookkeepers.
- 54% of CBs have gotten a new job, been promoted or been given higher level responsibilities since being certified; 84.3% of these say certification was important to their new status.
- 49% of employed CBs say that certification enhanced their standing with their employer.
- 81% of CBs who interviewed for a new job since becoming certified say that certification was important in obtaining interviews.
- 59% of CBs received a raise after becoming certified; 75.5% of these say certification was important in getting the raise.
- 46% of CBs say that being certified has enhanced their self-image.
- 61% of CBs say they gained new knowledge preparing for certification.
- 55% of CBs say that preparing for certification filled in gaps in their knowledge.
- 58% of CBs say that being certified has increased their self-confidence.
- 48% of freelance CBs say they have raised their rates since becoming certified.
- 37% of freelance CBs say that being certified helped them gain new clients.
- 55% of freelance CBs say that being certified enhanced their standing with clients.
- 47% of freelance CBs say that being certified has enhanced their self-image.
- 51% of freelance CBs say they gained new knowledge preparing for certification.
- 57% of freelance CBs say preparing for certification filled in gaps in their knowledge.
- 50% of freelance CBs say that being certified has increased their self-confidence.
- 82% of freelance CBs say that they have utilized certification for marketing purposes.
Try a no-risk membership and see what it can do for you. If not completely satisfied, cancel for a refund. Join now and get:
- The General Ledger digital newsletter every month—free.
- Free use of our telephone Member AnswerLine, where experienced accountants answer your everyday bookkeeping and payroll questions.
- Free answers to your QuickBooks questions from experts on our Member AnswerLine.
- Discounts on self-study courses in payroll, adjusting entries, depreciation and other skills . . . plus: you get other professional discounts.
- 21 Key Bookkeeping Changes in Current Tax Laws—free!
- Better Bookkeeping in 15 Minutes—the best bookkeeping tips of 2019—free!
- The Bookkeeper’s Guide to Internal Controls–free!
- Free telephone Member AnswerLine, where experienced accountants answer your everyday bookkeeping and payroll questions
- Discounts of up to 34% on UPS shipping services.
- Discounts on continuing professional education.
- Discounts on professional liability insurance.
Get the recognition you deserve, and stay up to date. Join bookkeepers nationwide as a member of The American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers. Join now.