Join now and receive 4 exclusive reports FREE:
COVID-19 funds for your company or clients
PPO SBA loans
- How to get it—how to get it forgiven
- Maximum loan available—maximum employee pay that qualifies
Postponing 2020 payroll taxes
- How to do it, step by step
How to get a refundable employee retention tax credit (ERTC)
- How to calculate and obtain an ERTC refund
How to claim the sick leave/family leave refundable payroll tax credit
- Employee pay requirements to qualify
- How to claim the credits in advance
The small-business Emergency Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Grant.
- Cash within 3 days
How to avoid COVID-19 scams
How to record COVID-19 funds in the general ledger.
- When you get a PPP loan and debit—which account do you credit?
- How do you accrue interest on a PPP loan?
- What accounts do you debit and credit when the PPP loan is forgiven v. not forgiven?
- How do you compute the refundable SS taxes for an ERTC credit by quarter?
- Which accounts should you debit and credit for an ERTC refund?
- What accounts do you debit and credit for and EIDL loan?
Get the answers you need in this special report.
- Post returned checks
- Withhold from car allowances
- Know when to take, or refuse, a prompt-payment discount
- Record checks made out to cash
- Prove expenses if canceled checks are lost
- Correct W-2 errors the easy way
- Prepare internal income statements
- Set up successful collection calls
Plus: Often overlooked overtime pay rules under the new law.
- Who must be paid overtime
- There is no overtime pay for these hours
- Include these payments in overtime pay computations
- Do paid days off count as hours worked?
- When you can use comp time
Put key changes at your fingertips:
- Change #3: Wnat those travel deductions? Prepare to prove your “tax home.”
- Change #7: IRS scrutinizes electronic accounting—they are after these JEs.
- Change #11: Now the same worker can be both employee and IC: here’s how.
- Changes #15: New IRS test for employee v. IC—the old test is out.
- Change #17: Heads up on new IRS payroll tax audits.
- Changes #18: Hidden dangers in family-firm compensation.
- Change #9: Employee ID protection can be tax-free.
- Change #20: How to handle name/SSN mismatches.
How to protect yourself
- if you sign company checks
- if you withhold taxes on paychecks
- against liability for company loans
- against liability for company notes
- against liability for retirement plans
- against inadvertent disclosure
How to protect your company or client
- 9 easy ways to prevent bad check losses
- 5 ways to protect company bank accounts and other cash
- 12 policies that prevent fraud
- 15 signs that employees are stealing