What is the best way to solve QuickBooks Error 404?
QuickBooks Error 404 occurs in front of the user when there is an issue in updating QuickBooks or it is unable to communicate with Intuit servers. Being someone who has faced the error, I am sharing the steps that work the best for me to resolve the error.
1. Use Windows + R on the keyboard to open the Run window.
2. Enter appwiz.cplin the text box and hit on Ok.
3. A list of programs opens in front of you.
4. Choose QuickBooks and click on Repair.
5. Wait until the repair process is completed.
6. See if QuickBooks Error 404 again pops up.
I have followed the above-mentioned steps to solve Error 404 in QuickBooks and if you are in a similar situation follow those steps. Also for technical support, you can contact the QB support team.
Method 1: Update and Repair QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Help menu.
- Click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the company file and start doing the tasks interrupted by QuickBooks 404 Error.
- If the problem still exists, proceed for QuickBooks Repairing as mentioned below:
- Press Windows +R together.
- Type “Appwiz.cpl” in the box at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of Installed Programs and Click Repair.
Method 2: Reconfigure the System Settings
- Open QuickBooks and the company files.
- Initiate the process where you are facing QB Error 404.
- Log out from the company file and close QuickBooks.
- Update Windows and restart the computer.
- Go to Internet Explorer >> Tools menu >> Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced Tab and browse in the settings pane.
- Close all the programs and save the information.
- Press Windows + R together and type msconfig and click Ok.
- Select General on the system configuration screen.
- Go to Startup Selection >> Selective Startup >> Ok.
- Restart your computer.
Let me know if this works for you. Learn more about QuickBooks Remote access on Apps4Rent.
QuickBooks error 404?
This is basically an error that occurs when installing QuickBooks desktop. It can also be seen due to inappropriate shutdown or startup of windows.
Getting Rid error 404:
- Reconfiguring the system settings
- Open the QuickBooks software and the company files.
- Initiate the process where the error was last seen.
- Log out from the company file opting for close QuickBooks later.
- Update the windows and reboot the system.
- You are required to navigate to the internet explorer and also opt for the tools menu.
- Click on the internet options.
- Select the advanced tab and also browse in the settings pane.
- Now close all the programs and then save the information.
- You will be then required to close all the programs and then save the information.
- Press Windows + R keys and then type msconfig and hit OK key.
- Choose general on the system configuration screen.
- Navigate to the startup selection and also choose selective startup. Click on OK button.
- And to end the process reboot the system.
Hope this helps,
The error 404 usually means that the web page you are searching for could not be found on the server. One of the basic troubleshooting steps to start with is checking if your computer is connected to the internet or not and trying accessing QuickBooks Online in a Private browser.