How to create a backup to move QuickBooks desktop to a New Computer?
Before you move QuickBooks Desktop to a New Computer, it is important that you back up your company files and then transfer it to the new one using the steps below:
• You need to use a USB or external hard drive and insert into your old computer.
• Launch QuickBooks on your old computer and open the company file you want to transfer.
• From the File menu, choose Create Backup.
• Select Local Backup and then Options. Select Location for your backup.
• Click Next. Press the option Save It Now and then Next.
• Hit on Save and wait for the backup file to be created.
Now that you have created the backup, you will be able to move QuickBooks Desktop to a New Computer or reach out to QuickBooks Pro team.
Great article helped me a lot and was very easy to execute as it was in very simple language. But, I want to also talk about Quickbooks payroll update error 15241 is an error that affects the payroll feature of the Quickbooks directly and makes it malfunction which in turn is a bad thing for the company files and the Quickbooks Software itself.
You might also like to check QuickBooks desktop installation error 1328, When your system gets infected by a virus, eventually we move to a new computer if it's beyond recoverable. So it's better to take precautions beforehand.
Have a good day