How to create a backup to move QuickBooks desktop to a New Computer?
Before you move QuickBooks Desktop to a New Computer, it is important that you back up your company files and then transfer it to the new one using the steps below:
• You need to use a USB or external hard drive and insert into your old computer.
• Launch QuickBooks on your old computer and open the company file you want to transfer.
• From the File menu, choose Create Backup.
• Select Local Backup and then Options. Select Location for your backup.
• Click Next. Press the option Save It Now and then Next.
• Hit on Save and wait for the backup file to be created.
Now that you have created the backup, you will be able to move QuickBooks Desktop to a New Computer or reach out to QuickBooks Pro team.
Great article helped me a lot and was very easy to execute as it was in very simple language. But, I want to also talk about Quickbooks payroll update error 15241 is an error that affects the payroll feature of the Quickbooks directly and makes it malfunction which in turn is a bad thing for the company files and the Quickbooks Software itself.
You might also like to check QuickBooks desktop installation error 1328, When your system gets infected by a virus, eventually we move to a new computer if it's beyond recoverable. So it's better to take precautions beforehand.
Have a good day
Restore a backup company file
When you restore, QuickBooks uses the backup company file (.qbb) to create a new company file (.qbw).
Important: If your backup company file is on an external device like a USB or a hosting service like Box, you'll need to move it to your local hard drive first. Then follow the steps.
- In QuickBooks, go to the File menu and select Open or Restore Company.
- Select Restore a backup copy and then Next.
- Select Local Backup and then Next.
- Browse your computer for your backup company file. It should look like this: [Your company name].qbb.
- Select a folder to decide where to save your restored company file. Then select Open.
- When you're ready, select Save. If you see any messages about possibly overwriting your data, select the option that best fits your needs. Don't overwrite anything unless you know you want to.
Hope this helps you out.